Subscriptions cannot be created because the credentials used to run the report are not stored, or if a linked report, the link is no longer valid.
You Have a SSRS Report on Report Web server which is running fine when you run from GUI.
But when you want to schedule the same report you might come across this error
"Subscriptions cannot be created because the credentials used to run the report are not stored, or if a linked report, the link is no longer valid." Screenshot below.
This generally happens while creating report you have given window integrated security and deployed the report.
A very qucik and easy method to resolve this is,
1. Create a SQL Server login on SQL Server instance where your report server database is existing and then provide RSExecRole permission to this ID on ReportServer database.
2. Now go to ReportServer Web URL where your report is deployed and then click on dropdown to open menu as shown below and click manage,
3. Now click on Data source Tab and select credentials stored securly in report server and here enter the SQL Server login name and password you have created in step 1 and click test connection as shown below.
4. Now go to subscriptions tab and click on New Subscription.
5. Bingo you are done. Now you can subscribe for this report.